Spring 2014 Production: Alice in Wonderland
Join Lewis Carroll on a nonsensical journey through Wonderland as Alice follows her insatiable curiosity and the strange White Rabbit. Come along as Alice enters a dreamland of remarkable characters, danger, and madcap adventure; and you’re sure to find a smile that will follow you home!
How to Enroll:
- Click ENROLL NOW link.
- Submit the enrollment form.
- Submit the $25/child deposit.
- Open enrollment for actor/actress roles for proficient readers ages 5+. Children are expected to read their script lines independently in front of the group beginning on the rehearsal after parts are cast.
- $80/child for the performance season ($25 due at time via paypal, and $55 balance due at the first class). Sibling Discount applies where applicable.
- The enrollment fee includes:
- 13, 1-hour rehearsals and 2, 2-hour rehearsals (total 17 hours of rehearsal instruction)
- 1 invited dress rehearsal
- 1 evening performance
- Costumes and other necessaries are provided by the parent, however costumes are inexpensive and most can be created using items you have at home.
- Cannon Memorial YMCA located @ 4110 Main Street, Suite 200 Harrisburg, NC 28075
- 2:00-3:00pm on Mondays and Wednesdays for an 8-week session, on the dates below:
- 3/5, 3/10, 3/12, 3/17, 3/19, 3/24, 3/26, 3/31, 4/2, 4/7, 4/9, 4/14, 4/16
- 1:00-3:00 during the final rehearsal week, on the dates below:
- 4/21, 4/23
Dress Rehearsal Schedule:
- 1:00-3:00pm on Friday April 25, 2014 at the Town of Harrisburg Municipal Complex, located @ 4110 Main Street Harrisburg, NC 28075.
- When: Friday April 25, 2014 @ 7pm
- Where: Hickory Ridge High School stage & auditorium.
7321 Raging Ridge Rd
Harrisburg, NC 28075
- Parent participation is key to achieving a successful experience, therefore participation in Rise & Shine Players℠ should be considered a family commitment. Parents are encouraged to include any theatre-related talents in the appropriate spot on the enrollment form, however a list of volunteer opportunities will also be emailed to parents before the 2014 season begins.
- One parent from each family is required to:
- Attend a parent meeting held during the first rehearsal on 3/5/14 at the YMCA from 2:00 – 3:00. Volunteer roles and marketing assignments will be made during this meeting.
- Volunteer approximately 6 hours of time in their assigned role (costume design, set design, playbill creation, etc.)
- Visit 2-3 local businesses to sell advertising space in the playbill